The Chateau Club is for friends and guests of Wolwedans who would like the opportunity to revisit Wolwedans at discounted rates more regularly. Benefits of the membership allow the principal member to transfer bed nights to any colleague, family member, client or friend. In order for members to have complete clarity on the terms and conditions, please read a summary below on some restrictions and necessary guidance on the use of the Chateau Club membership.
- A membership is only active when a member has credit
- Third party activities not included in the room rate cannot be discounted for members (e.g. (not limited to) hot-air ballooning, scenic flights, massages, transfers, special events, weddings, bush dinners or horse-back riding)
- Members cannot claim further discounts through locally advertised special rates (e.g (not limited to) winter residents special). SADC and Namibian residents eligible for these resident specials cannot further discount their club membership rates under any circumstances. Members may excersise their right to access such specials, should they be lower than the club discount, however, such a booking may not be confirmed from the members credit.
- Members of Club Chateau enjoy a 50% discount on published rates. This discount is limited to accommodation only and doesn’t include the members drinks, park fees and sustainability levies, personal items, curios or other goods and services that aren’t included in the room rate.
- The park fees and sustainability levies collected by Wolwedans on behalf of the NamibRand Nature Reserve and The Wolwedans Foundation, are billed separately and need to be paid in addition to accommodation. 2018/19 rates for fees and levies are NAD840 per person, per day. These fees are discounted at 50% for Club Chateau members.
- Members are not permitted to request private excursions, transfers or privatised service (such as private dinners) from the team or guides that isn’t offered to all guests or offered as a standard service by Wolwedans.
- Wolwedans makes 15% of its rooming capacity available to Club Chateau members during high season (April & May and August, September & October)
- Unused credit after the 5-year membership period will be removed from the members account and is not redeemable or refundable.
- Members must renew their accounts timeously or utilise the credits available to them within the 5-year period.
- Reservations are done as per the reservations process through our Windhoek booking office, with no exceptions.
- Bed nights are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
- Members confirmed bookings may not be re-sold at full rates. Any investigation that results in such findings will be treated as fraud.
- NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to increase or reduce published end-user rates
- Rates are quoted in Namibian Dollars. Should rates be published in a foreign currency in the near future, the exchange rate will be determined at the time of the booking.
- No pets or Firearms are allowed at Wolwedans.
- The maximum value of any booking for members cannot exceed half of the initial credit deposit.
- Strictly: No self-driving is allowed at Wolwedans. All transfers between lodges and camps, base and airfields, are conducted by trained and qualified guides of Wolwedans.
- Members staying at Wolwedans are governed by the rules and regulations of the NamibRand Nature Reserve.
- NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to decline or reject applications to Club Chateau.
- NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to decline or reject membership renewal applications to Club Chateau.
- NamibRand Safaris reserves the right to discontinue Club Chateau. In this event, members credit will be safeguarded until depleted.
- Transgressions of the Rules & Regulations of NamibRand Safaris PTY LTD, The Namibian Law or the terms & conditions stated herein, are subject to the following exit clause: If club members membership is revoked for any reason, the member is notified and remaining credit is paid back to the members personal account.
- Membership will be non-transferable to another person or corporate body. In the event of a member passing away, it is suggested that the remaining balance be transferred into the account of the Wolwedans Foundation.
Club Chateau membership cannot be cancelled. Should NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd be declared insolvent, this agreement will be terminated, subject to legal proceedings regarding outstanding debts to Club Chateau members.
Club Chateau is based on mutual goodwill and honesty, between members and Wolwedans. To avoid misuse of the benefits and curtail any contradictions with the aims of the club, the terms & conditions are clarified in contract with the applicant or member.