Wolwedans channels a certain percentage of its total turnover into the Wolwedans Foundation. Hence, a portion of your Club payment is channelled into the Foundation too. The Wolwedans Foundation is the social responsibility vehicle of the Wolwedans Collection and focuses on conservation, culture and community. So apart from conservation support, your contribution will go a long way in contributing towards a worthy cause. Members who become part of the Wolwedans family, experience the Wolwedans way of life and share in the dream of conserving the NamibRand Nature Reserve.
Summary of benefits:
- 50% saving on accommodation
- 5 year time period to engage benefits
- Transferable benefits (Member may not transfer membership)
- Renewable membership
- Exclusive access and use of Chateau Namib*
- Priority wait-listing during peak occupancy periods
- Supporting the Wolwedans Foundations community, conservation and culture focused projects
- Protecting the land rehabilitation efforts of the NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Supporting the continued growth of the 220 000 hectare protected pro-Namib ecosystem
*Chateau Namib at Wolwedans. Simply out of this world…
Members of the club are also given the exclusive opportunity to experience the secluded Chateau Namib. An extremely private dwelling, 100% off the grid and self-catered, the Chateau Namib is aptly named after the plains it overlooks and the desert in which it was created.
As an artist retreat, sculptors, painters, musicians and instrumentalists, tap into the natural rhythm of the earth to awake inspiration here. As a meditation space, the silence that results from the seclusion is simply breathtaking and creates the perfect space for vipassana or silence retreats. As a stargazer’s paradise, it provides the perfect backdrop for avid astronomy enthusiasts, photographers and filmmakers seeking unique locations.
It’s a small place on earth positioned to bring you closest to the untamed solitude of the Namib Desert and its stoic secrets.