Wolwedans is excited to invite suitably qualified and interested individuals to apply for the position of HR Manager, joining the senior management team. With an employee contingent of 100+, this is a challenging and rewarding position designed for an energetic and conscientious individual with an inherent care for people, planet and profit.
As the HR Manager, you will be working in a flat hierarchy environment with a team of senior managers, on the same level in the fields Operations, F&B, HR, Finance and Commercial management, as peers. You will therefore report to the management team and the CEO.
This position requires setting up residence at Wolwedans for extended periods (+- 2/3 of the time), thus the right candidate needs to be an independent individual, flexible to a fluid environment, with a particular ability to adjust their calendar if and when needed. Nature lovers prepared to work on-site for two to three continuous weeks at a time will find their feet quite easily at Wolwedans.
You will be required to split your time between: Wolwedans (2/3rd) and Windhoek (1/3rd).
The management team at Wolwedans is represented by the industry’s most qualified professionals, who maintain high levels of professionalism, competence and organisation, in our unique desert-based economy. People represent our most valuable asset, a key component to our success since 1995.
The Wolwedans Way has been crafted over 25 years – to advance our team, to care for our environment and our product - providing guests with authentic, memorable experiences and a genuine Namibian hospitality. A display of fluency in these performance areas, is key:
- You will be ultimately responsible for preserving the employer-employee relationship through effective employee relations strategies aimed at overall well-being of employees
- Manage human resources and staffing: recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees
- Enhance the organization’s human resources: planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintain the work structure: updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- As an HR Manager, you oversee the recruitment and selection processes; developing strategies for employee retention, while maintaining current staffing levels
- Prepare employees for assignments: establish and conduct orientation and training programs
- Employee training and development includes new hire orientation, leadership training and professional development of team members
- Periodic needs assessments to determine when training is necessary, the type of training required to improve performance and productivity, is displayed in identifying areas where employees could improve through job skills training for employee development (e.g. seminars, workshops)
- Training managers to coach and improve employee’s behavior; scheduling management workshops with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors
- Planning, monitoring, and training managers for the appraisal of employee work results
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable national best practice and policy, adhering to and upholding human resource and national labour requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Manage a fair and competitive remuneration plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Fluidity in English (other languages (Afrikaans, German and indigenous Namibian languages are an advantage)
- Computer literate (MS-Office, VIP Payroll would be an advantage)
- A strong display of commercial sense, with a focus and capacity to understand the economic needs of the organisation
- Leadership, confidence and strong management skills
- Influential with strong negotiating skills
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience, in the Human Resources sphere of industry (any relevant experience is valued)
- At least 5 years work experience in Human Resources
- At least 2 years in an HR managerial position
- An academic degree, preferably in HR Management and/or Industrial Psychology (or related, relevant or associated HR programme)
- Be organized and have a plan
- A problem-solving aptitude with the ability to think out of the box should come naturally to you
- Be able to handle pressure, and still operate effectively with a calm demeanor
- Energetic, proactive people will excel at Wolwedans
- Good interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to work fluidly as part of a team
- Empathy, patience to see and listen to ‘both sides’ as described in our Wolwedans Compass aligns with you and can be displayed, consistently
- Attention to detail while displaying initiative (as a self-starter), should appeal to your nature
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of things in a fluctuating environment should be evident and displayed
- Willingness and ability to share information, teach and inspire others is your passion and pleasure (The Wolwedans way)
Our team has attracted individuals from all walks of life, who choose to remain with Wolwedans because of some common traits. Such as:
- An outgoing personality
- An easily motivated, pro-active person akin to a self-starter
- Aged 35+ with a sound personal value system, which will enable your leadership traits – to lead by example and ‘walk the talk’ (Wolwedans Way)
- Independent and preferably single (couples will not be considered) individuals, happy to make friends and foster new professional relationships with ease
- Namibian citizens, qualified holders of a permanent residence permit or domicile
If this position is yours and resonates with your collected experience and personal ideal, please respond to our vacancy as soon as possible. We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment. Wolwedans needs your passion for tourism, hospitality and true love of sustainability and eco-tourism.
As this position requires you to visit Wolwedans regularly, interested candidates, should display an inherent respect for nature, and a keen interest in the outdoors.
Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. We offer employment with a purpose as well as competitive packages (including medical aid and pension), a stunning, peaceful working environment, a healthy lifestyle, free board and lodging at Wolwedans, training support and a commitment to look after you while you look after our most valuable asset and advance your career with us. If people are your passion, this is your next best move.
We can’t wait to meet you. You can email a CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: email@example.com. You are also welcome to drop your CV at our head office, located at 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek West. Our head office team will gladly receive your application.This position is available as of 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview.