We are looking for an experienced Hospitality Manager to organize and oversee daily hospitality operations of our lodges and camps situated in the NamibRand Nature Reserve in South-western Namibia. You will also be responsible for front office operations, quality assurance, overall guest relations, the coordination of our desert-based activities and experiences as you help people reach their full potential in their daily responsibilities. In addition, you will be responsible for the application and supervision of the Wolwedans Foundation Desert Academy’s practical hospitality training to maintain the facilities high esteem.
You will be working in a flat hierarchy environment with a team of senior managers, on the same level in the fields Operations, F&B, HR, Finance and Commercial management, as your peers. You will therefore report to the management team and the CEO.
This position requires setting up residence at Wolwedans, so being an independent nature lover, prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks easily at a time will be required from you.
The management team at Wolwedans is represented by the industries most agile and qualified professionals, who can maintain high levels of professionalism, competence and organisation, while leading a team from diverse backgrounds and skill sets with enthusiasm and integrity in our unique desert-based economy. A display of fluency in these performance areas, is key:
- Organize and coordinate hospitality operations in all camps and lodges to ensure maximum efficiency and best service delivery
- Ensure quality control of the product at all camps/lodges
- Ensure quality control with regards to activities/experiences
- Supervise, evaluate and motivate hospitality staff
- Ensure supplies and equipment/sundries are adequate in quantity and quality
- Handle customer complaints (across avenues, incl. TripAdvisor) and provide reports, when necessary
- Assume responsibility of monitoring expenses according to the allotted budget
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards
- Ensure all records are properly and consistently kept
- Review and prepare reports for senior management
- Hire qualified personnel according to best practice and internal standards in liaison with HR
- Perform relief duties for Operations and F&B management
- Maintain product quality control at all camps/lodges (mainly service, F&B housekeeping, activities, laundry and guest relations)
- Training of existing service and housekeeping staff who lack formal training will be a key focus
- Display and exercise control through accurate administration of all related job aspects
Desert Academy (in line with an on-site facilitator) www.wolwedansdesertacademy.org
- Monitor the facilitation of the practical training
- Assume quality control of students’ practical applications
- Assist the facilitator with setting up tests and marking theme related essays/assignments
- Add value to the curriculum through independent research & life-skills training and innovative, relevant input
- Practical experience (10 years, preferably on international level in Hotel and Hospitality Management, including cruise ships, with at least 5 years in a supervisory position)
- Hands-on experience in front office operations and customer service
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- Knowledge of quality standards and implementation as well as monitoring
- Experience in vocational training will be advantageous
- Provide a recognized qualification in Hotel and Hospitality Management (internationally recognized qualifications) with a minimum Level 5 as is required for training and accreditation purposes
- Display proficiency in MS Office as well as reservations software (at Wolwedans, we use InnKeeper)
- Be organized and have a plan
- A problem-solving aptitude with the ability to think out of the box should come naturally to you
- Be able to handle pressure, and still operate effectively with a calm demeanor
- Energetic, proactive people will excel at Wolwedans
- Good interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to work fluidly as part of a team
- Empathy, patience to see and listen to ‘both sides’ as described in our Wolwedans Compass aligns with you and can be displayed, consistently
- Attention to detail while displaying initiative (as a self-starter), should appeal to your nature
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of things in a fluctuating environment should be evident and displayed
- Willingness and ability to share information, teach and inspire others is your passion and pleasure (The Wolwedans way)
Our team has attracted individuals from all walks of life, who choose to remain with Wolwedans because of some common traits. Such as:
- An outgoing personality
- An easily motivated, pro-active person akin to a self-starter
- Aged 35+ with a sound personal value system, which will enable your leadership traits – to lead by example and ‘walk the talk’ (Wolwedans Way)
- Independent and preferably single (couples will not be considered) individuals, happy to make friends and foster new professional relationships with ease
- Namibian citizens, qualified holders of a permanent residence permit or domicile
If this position is yours and resonates with your collected experience and personal ideal, please respond to our vacancy as soon as possible. We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment. Wolwedans needs your passion for tourism, hospitality and true love of sustainability and eco-tourism.
As this position is primarily Wolwedans-based so interested candidates, should display an inherent respect for nature, and a keen interest in the outdoors.
We can’t wait to meet you. You can email a CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to drop your CV at our head office, located at 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek West. Our head office team will gladly receive your application.
This position is available as of 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview.