Wolwedans is looking for an entry-level communications coordinator to develop and execute communications strategies in support of its mission. We are an action-oriented organisation, which seeks to promote a new model for business, which delivers a sustainable, inclusive future for all.
The new coordinator will work alongside the management team to develop and execute communications & stakeholder engagement campaigns on behalf of NamibRand Safaris, its collection of lodges and camps, Wolwedans, the Wolwedans Foundation and 21 NICE, the Namibian Institute of Culinary Education.
Coordinating and developing communications content, developing and executing on digital and social media strategies, PR planning and placing compelling stories that help us to increase sales and amplify our ‘Wolwedans Way’ amongst our team of hosts and to our potential guests and existing partners is primary to the role.
Critical attributes to succeed in this role include: the ability to write clearly and without jargon; outstanding verbal communication skills; being detail oriented, but still able to see the big picture and focus on highest impact strategic activities.
- 2-5 years experience in a digital marketing or communications position, either in an NGO or the private sector.
- Managed online communities across multiple social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience developing and/or curating editorial content from a range of contributors
- A strong portfolio of written and digital communications (can/should include written reports, releases, photography, video or similar evidence)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Developed strategies for social media campaigns across various topics
- Crafted compelling copy to appeal to different target audiences, through a range of online channels (E.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, website articles, community newsletters)
- Worked effectively with a network of social media coordinators in the industry or in relevant industry
- Managed a website, from day-to-day administration, to producing regular, compelling content updates.
- Experience pitching stories and developing strong working relationships with traditional media; experience developing partnerships with online and traditional media brands
- Written long-form blogs and other engaging content
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Communications support and Social Media amplification: You will coordinate and support strategic communications campaigns across the organisation.
Copywriting & Content Development: You will help develop relevant, timely and compelling content that supports the work of our initiatives, including thought leadership pieces, press releases and more.
Design & Public Relations: You will manage the design and development of all branded materials (written, audio/visual and digital) to strengthen our brand and create a consistent look and feel. In summation:
1. Social media content creation & administration
2. Online booking platform administration
3. Other relevant digital channel administration (i.e. TripAdvisor)
4. Webpage administration
4. PR and other creative work
- Have worked in a communications or journalist role on topics including: conservation, luxury travel, education, sustainable development, corporate social responsibility, food and hospitality, lifestyle / design or environmental concerns.
- Have experience in managing production to achieve outstanding communications assets in digital, print and/or video formats.
- Can pull together an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
- Have an eye for design and can use a Mac to produce visuals and manage brand assets.
- Have a grasp of basic HTML/CSS and experience with WordPress CMS, Mailchimp, and Google Analytics.
- Have language skills other than English.
If you’re a fun, hard-working, innovative person who is inspired by our mission and would like to grow our strong and rapidly growing team, please apply by sending your résumé and a cover letter (in a single PDF document) telling us why you are the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line “Your Name: Communications Coordinator.”