Wolwedans is excited to invite suitably qualified and interested individuals to apply for the position of Commercial Manager joining the senior management team. With an employee contingent of 100+ and a path set for economic growth, this is a challenging and rewarding position designed for an energetic and conscientious individual with an inherent care for people, planet and profit.
You will be working in a flat hierarchy environment with a team of senior managers, on the same level in the fields Operations, F&B, HR, Finance and Commercial management, as your peers. You will therefore report to the management team and the CEO.
Windhoek with occasional visits to Wolwedans and travel (SA and abroad)
The management team at Wolwedans is represented by the industry’s most qualified professionals, who maintain high levels of professionalism, competence and organisation, in our unique desert-based economy. People represent our most valuable asset, a key component to our success since 1995.
The Wolwedans Way has been crafted over 25 years – to advance our team, to care for our environment and our product - providing guests with authentic, memorable experiences and a genuine Namibian hospitality. A display of fluency in these performance areas, is key:
- Manage the Windhoek Head Office team and all WHK based logistics
- Manage the entire Wolwedans sales cycle (incl. reservations)
- Liaison between Wolwedans and head office management
- Manage Marketing and Sales (in collaboration with digital team) for the entire Group
- Building/growing the Travel Desk (this is where experience in tour-operations will be an added advantage)
- Handle all legal aspects relating to the business (liaison with company secretary, auditors, lawyers etc.) drafting contracts, overseeing corporate governance, meeting deadlines etc.
- Manage the entire insurance portfolio of the Wolwedans Group
- Drive the Wolwedans Vision and Objectives as per Vision 2030 Strategic Plan
- Execute and drive projects as decided by the management team
- Identify short-comings in efficiencies and effectiveness in the business with a view to improving these timeously
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English (other languages are an advantage)
- Good math and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate (MS-Office and reservations systems)
- Commercial focus and capacity to understand what drives company success
- Leadership and strong management skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Good understanding of the state of the current market in their industry. They should be constantly updating this knowledge, which includes keeping up to date with the latest contract laws and regulations
- Developing relationships with clients and external points of contact, so commercial managers need great communication skills
- Teamwork – commercial managers typically work as part of a team and collaborate closely with other departments, so it’s important that applicants for this role have the ability to work well with others
- Time management – meeting deadlines for projects and tasks is key in this job, so applicants must be organized and able to manage their time effectively
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience in commerce (tourism industry is a plus but not essential).
- Experience in marketing and sales will be an added advantage
- Experience in Travel Consulting (or Travel design) would be an advantage
- At least 2 years in a commercial managerial position
- Commercial managers are organized negotiators who are extremely motivated to hit targets and goals. Typically, employers require a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, commerce, or a similar subject, as well as the following abilities
- Be organized and have a plan
- A problem-solving aptitude with the ability to think out of the box should come naturally to you
- Be able to handle pressure, and still operate effectively with a calm demeanor
- Energetic, proactive people will excel at Wolwedans
- Good interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to work fluidly as part of a team
- Empathy, patience to see and listen to ‘both sides’ as described in our Wolwedans Compass aligns with you and can be displayed, consistently
- Attention to detail while displaying initiative (as a self-starter), should appeal to your nature
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of things in a fluctuating environment should be evident and displayed
- Willingness and ability to share information, teach and inspire others is your passion and pleasure (The Wolwedans way)
Our team has attracted individuals from all walks of life, who choose to remain with Wolwedans because of some common traits. Such as:
- An outgoing personality
- An easily motivated, pro-active person akin to a self-starter
- Aged 35+ with a sound personal value system, which will enable your leadership traits – to lead by example and ‘walk the talk’ (Wolwedans Way)
- Independent and preferably single (couples will not be considered) individuals, happy to make friends and foster new professional relationships with ease
- Namibian citizens, qualified holders of a permanent residence permit or domicile
If this position should be yours and resonates with your collected experience and personal ideal, please respond to our vacancy as soon as possible. We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment. Wolwedans needs your passion for tourism, hospitality and true love of sustainability and eco-tourism.
We can’t wait to meet you. You can email a CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to drop your CV at our head office, located at 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek West. Our head office team will gladly receive your application.
This position is available as of 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview.