As part of our sustainability strategy we pride ourselves on our productive organic vegetable gardens, which reduce our Carbon footprint considerably. We serve our clients and staff the freshest herbs and salad greens direct form our Gardens. We are looking to expand our crop variety and hence need an experienced gardener with “green fingers”.

We are thus looking for a professional and experienced horticulturalist who will manage both the NICE (Windhoek) and Wolwedans (NamibRand Nature Reserve) gardens.  Your background should preferably be organic, bio-dynamic or permaculture or all three fields.

Your mission will be to supply our various kitchens with delicious, healthy and varied produce. We believe in practicing a shared knowledge system, therefore in addition to hands-on practical gardening, you are also expected to train and up-skill a team of organic gardeners distributed between NICE and Wolwedans.


  • Practical experience in herb, vegetable and crop production (ideally organic)
  • Basic plumbing knowledge (irrigation systems)
  • Comprehensive knowledge of pests and disease control (organic)
  • Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced
  • Comprehensive knowledge of botany and horticulture, as well as the various planting seasons for trees, vegetables and flowers
  • A track record of creating and maintaining gardens that are tidy, environmentally friendly and safe
  • Comprehensive knowledge of general garden tasks (composting, pruning trees, cutting grass, etc.
  • Knowledge of setting up and maintaining water efficient irrigation systems
  • Single and in good health
  • Sober habits with an efficient, orderly disposition
  • English literate (read and write and speak well)
  • Willing to study (Internet and books) and self-teaching
  • PC literate and pro-active
  • Code 08 driver’s license
  • Good communication skills (to explain what you do to our guests)

This position requires working the bigger part of the year at the Wolwedans garden (70%) and the rest at the NICE garden (30%).

As this position requires living at the Wolwedans staff village, applicants need to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve.

Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable.  Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.  CV’s will not be returned.

Closing date is open ended.

Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply, by emailing their CV (with references and a recent head/shoulders photograph to:


Applicants may also hand-deliver their CV’s to our Head Office at 36 Bismarck Street, Windhoek.