Wolwedans is looking to appoint an experienced plumber, who can effectively maintain and fix existing plumbing installations and water infrastructure as well as do installations from scratch when we renovate or construct new facilities
In addition – Wolwedans requires a minimum qualification of NTA Level 3 and up. Taking into account that plumbing is not a full-time occupation at Wolwedans - the plumber should posses at least one other artisan skill such as basic electrical, brick-laying/plastering, metal work/welding and/or carpentry. You need to be a multi-skilled individual and hence the position is called Plumber+.
Last but not least, the Wolwedans plumber is scheduled to get involved in practical facilitation with our technical vocational training scheduled to start in 2017. Therefor, you should be able to, enjoy, and be comfortable to pass on plumbing knowledge/skills to junior technical trainees.
- 25+ years of age with a mature disposition, and sober habits
- Experience in another field (see above) is an advantage
- 5 years hands-on experience in plumbing with at least two contactable references from previous employers
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Possess excellent people & motivational skills
- Open-minded person, with a pleasant, outgoing personality, that exudes positivity
- Passionate about nature and its creatures
- Good health, with an energetic disposition
- Computer literacy would be an added advantage
- Valid drivers license is essential
- Namibian citizen or holder of a domicile or permanent residence permit
- A certified qualification (VTC, NIMT or other minimum Level 3) in plumbing (to be able to facilitate practical training)
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, and thus applicants need to be nature lovers, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as “The Wolwedans Compass” of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity.We offer a competitive package, a diverse job with purpose and a dynamic working environment.
Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply. References will be checked and a probation period is applicable.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please email your CV (listing current reference), salary expectations and a recent head/shoulders photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also hand deliver your CV by hand to our Head Office, No. 36 Bismarck Street, Windhoek.