Junior Reservations Consultant
Wolwedans has an exciting opportunity for a junior reservations consultant in our Windhoek based office. The position requires a talented, service orientated person with a passion for eco-friendly travel and tourism.
The Wolwedans Collection of camps and lodges is a unique product based in the NamibRand Nature Reserve south of Sossusvlei. The position requires someone who possesses a basic knowledge of tourist destinations and a good knowledge of travel products/packages in Namibia and Southern Africa. The applicant must also have a good geographical understanding of our country, as well as the basic day-to-day travel logistics required.The applicant must be able to advise clients about products/packages and activities with knowledge and ease.
Applicant must have excellent sales skills, be detail-oriented and be good at communicating in order to provide superior customer service.
Key Performance Areas
- Sales ability potential (sales& target driven)
- Handle high volume enquiries
- Good level of understanding of Namibia as a whole
- Confidently sell products/packages within the NamibRand Nature Reserve.
- Very good product knowledge and basic travel logistics understanding
- Some personal and educational travel to destinations & regions within Southern Africa
- Excellent client service skills
- To work under supervision, using discretion and good judgment
- To maintain a work volume and quality consistent with international standards
- To work in a team environment, supporting management and colleagues, as well as following company policies
- Provide feedback and assist with special projects when necessary.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Deal with all travel enquires via telephone, the Internet, walk-in and email.
- Be able to match the correct product/package with the client.
- Check availability of products/packages with suppliers displaying accuracy in communication and the ability to up-sell.
- Demonstrate professional customer service skills as well as professional written correspondence.
- Possess a general knowledge of industry norms, processes and regulations
- Assisting with admin related work and Product / Package building as needed.
- Be passionate about up-selling and offering alternatives and solutions.
- Maintain excellent client and agent relationships.
- Have some knowledge of a travel related booking program (Innkeeper would be advantageous) Sales ability potential (sales& target driven)
- Excellent English (written and spoken), Excellent phone etiquette
- Additional languages (spoken) is advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of the Innkeeper reservations system is highly advantageous
- The candidate must possess the ability attend to basic and intermediate cost calculations
This position is based in Windhoek.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as The Wolwedans Compass of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity.
Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants, who meet the above criteria, may email their CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also hand deliver your CV to our Head Office, No. 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. This position is available as of January 2019.