Wolwedans is excited to invite suitably qualified and interested individuals to apply for the position of HR Manager joining the senior management team. With an employee contingent of 100+, this is a challenging and rewarding position designed for an energetic and conscientious individual with an inherent care for people, planet and profit.
Work hours and Benefits
With a 3 week Wolwedans and 1 week Windhoek schedule, the successful candidate will be responsible for the recruitment, training and development of staff who thrive in a stunning desert environment with markable responsible tourism achievements. Wolwedans needs a professional who is keen, environment orientated and passionate about people, the wilderness and nature. If this is, your environment - then this position should entice you. Our benefits include, meet and match, if not exceeding, industry standrads (in some areas). Working at Wolwedans, is both unique and familiar. It is what you make it.
Overall Responsibilities of Human Resource Manager
- Manages human resources and staffing by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organizations staff by establishing a recruiting and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- As an HR Manager, you will oversee the recruitment and selection processes; and develop a strategy for employee retention and for maintaining the current staffing levels.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Employee training and development includes new hire orientation, leadership training and professional development of team members. You will conduct periodic needs assessments to determine when training is necessary, and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity whilst identifying areas where employees could improve through job skills training or employee development, such as seminars or workshops.
Positive behavior management:
At Wolwedans, our Compass and set of values are key to our commitment towards personal growth, development, self-learning and group dynamics. With these tools, you will be tasked to:
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and improve employees behaviour; scheduling management workshops with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable national human resource/labour requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- You will be ultimately responsible for preserving the employer-employee relationship through effective employee relations strategies aimed at overall well-being of employees.
- Integrating supportive communication processes that enhance organizational cohesion while maintaining a balanced work environment
- Business awareness and commercial focus with the capacity to understand what drives company success
- Leadership and strong management skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Integrity and approachability.
- Organized and adaptable
At Wolwedans, we offer a competitive package, a diverse job, as well as a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment. This position is primarily Wolwedans-based so interested candidates, should display a love for nature, with a keen interest in the outdoors.
Qualified persons, who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply before 30th October 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend a series of interviews.
If you are interested in this position, please email your full CV (with contactable references and a recent head/shoulders photograph) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to drop your CV at our head office, located at 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek West.