We are looking for an experienced Hospitality Manager to organize and oversee daily hospitality operations of our lodges and camps situated in the NamibRand Nature Reserve in South-western Namibia. You will also be responsible for front office operations, quality assurance, overall guest relations, the coordination of activities/experiences and helping people reach their full potential.
In addition, you will be responsible for the application and supervision of the Wolwedans Foundation Desert Academy practical (hospitality) training.
You will be working in a flat hierarchy environment with a team of senior managers, all on the same level and responsible for their respective fields (i.e. Operations, F&B, HR, Finance and Commercial management). You report to the Management team and the MD (occasionally).
This position requires setting up residence at Wolwedans, and the candidate thus needs to be an independent nature lover and also be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organize and coordinate hospitality operations in all camps and lodges to ensure maximum efficiency and best service delivery
- Ensure quality control at all camps/lodges in terms of product
- Ensure quality control with regards to activities/experiences
- Supervise, evaluate and motivate hospitality staff
- Ensure supplies and equipment/sundries are adequate in quantity and quality
- Handle customer complaints (across avenues, incl. TripAdvisor) when necessary and provide reports
- Assume responsibility of monitoring expenses according to budget
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards
- Ensure all records are properly and consistently kept
- Review and prepare reports for senior management
- Hire qualified personnel according to standards in liaison with HR
- Perform relief duties for Operations and F&B management
Quality Control (as part of the Wolwedans senior management team)
- Product quality control at all camps/lodges (mainly service, F&B, housekeeping, activities, laundry and guest relations)
- Training of existing service and housekeeping staff who lack formal training
- Control and administration of related job aspects
Desert Academy (in line with an on-site facilitator)
- Monitor the facilitation of the practical training
- Quality control of students’ practical applications
- Assist the facilitator with setting up tests and marking theme related essays/assignments
- Add value to the curriculum through independent research & life-skills training
Requirements of the position are:
- A recognized qualification in Hotel and Hospitality Management (an internationally recognized qualification is preferred), minimum Level 5 (required for training and accreditation)
- Practical experience (10 years, preferably on international level in Hotel and Hospitality Management, including Cruise ships, with at least 5 years in a supervisory position)
- Hands-on experience in front office operations and customer service
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant reservations software (e.g. InnKeeper)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in vocational training will be advantageous
- Outgoing personality, easily motivated, a self-starter and pro-active
- Aged 35+ with a sound personal value system, which will enable you to lead by example and ‘walk the talk’
- Excellent English communication skills – both spoken & written
- Independent and preferably single (couples will not be considered)
- Ideally you should be a Namibian citizen, hold a permanent residence permit or domicile
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy living out in nature and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Wolwedans offers a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment.
Interested applicants, who meet the above criteria, may email their CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: email@example.com .
You are also welcome to drop your CV at our head office, located at 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek West.
This position is available immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview.