Wolwedans is looking to appoint an experienced electrician, who can effectively maintain and fix existing electrical installations and power infrastructure (generator and solar), as well as do installations from scratch when we renovate or construct new facilities.
This position is based in Wolwedans
In addition – Wolwedans requires applicants to possess a minimum qualification of NTA Level 3 and up. Taking into account that electrical work is not a full-time occupation at Wolwedans - the electrician should possess at least one other artisan skill such as plumbing, brick-laying/plastering, metal work/welding and/or carpentry (or gardening for that matter). You need to be a self-driven, multi-skilled individual and hence the position is advertised as Electrician+.
Last but not least, the Wolwedans Electrician+ has to get involved in practical facilitation with our technical vocational training scheduled to start in 2018. Therefore, you should be able to enjoy and be comfortable with passing on electrical knowledge/skills to junior technical trainees.
- 25+ years of age with a mature disposition, and sober habits
- Self-starter and prepared to walk the extra mile
- Personal desire for self-development and continued learning
- Five years hands-on experience in electrical works with at least two contactable references from previous employers
- Experience in another field (see above) is an advantage
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Possess excellent people & motivational skills
- Open-minded and peaceful person, with a pleasant, outgoing personality, that exudes positivity
- Passionate about nature and its creatures (as you stay in the desert)
- Good health, with an energetic disposition
- Computer literacy would be an added advantage
- Valid drivers license is essential
- Namibian citizen or holder of a domicile or permanent residence permit
- A certified qualification (VTC, NIMT or other minimum Level 3) in Electrician (to be able to facilitate practical training)
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, and thus applicants need to be nature lovers, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as “The Wolwedans Compass” of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity. We offer a competitive package, a diverse job with purpose and a dynamic working environment.
Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply. References will be checked and a probation period is applicable.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please email your CV (listing current reference), salary expectations and a recent head/shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
You may also hand deliver your CV by hand to our Head Office, No. 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek.