The Club concept at Wolwedans is based on mutual goodwill and understanding and provides a win/win situation for both members and Wolwedans. The Club could offer opportunities for misuse at the expense of Wolwedans. Whilst we do not expect anyone to take advantage of the Club, we have to ensure that membership benefits are not used in conflict with the aims of the Club. Therefore the list of limitations (below) takes into account a variety of potential areas of conflict.
- Whilst at Wolwedans, members will be treated as normal guests. Special arrangements (i.e. scenic drives to specific locations on NamibRand, private dinners and drives, specific field guides, etc) can be requested but cannot be claimed a member's right.
- Only 10% of total bed capacity at Wolwedans will be available to members of the Club in any given month. Whilst exceptions could be made during off-season months, the 10% limit will be applied strictly during the high season months (April/May and August to end October).
- Membership – unless renewed - will terminate after a period of 5 years, and any remaining credit will be to the benefit of NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd.. Hence please ensure that your credit is utilized within five years of signing up.
- Bookings are on a first-come first-serve basis and follow the normal procedures through the reservations office in Windhoek
- NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to increase or reduce published end-user rates as deemed appropriate and dictated by market-related forces (demand and supply, inflation, fuel hikes, etc). Just for info; the past eleven years have never seen a increase in excess of 10%.
- In the event of NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd deeming it appropriate to publish and charge solely in foreign currency, (e.g. USD or EURO), at any time in the future, members’ credit will be converted into USD or EURO at an exchange rate at the time of the booking/visit.
- Members will not be allowed to bring pets or firearms to Wolwedans.
- The Club is viewed as a medium- to long-term association. It would be counterproductive to become a member and shortly afterwards make use of the full credit at one single occasion (i.e. a wedding). The maximum value per any visit is therefore half your initial input.
- Any self-drive activity on the Reserve (whether with or without a Wolwedans guide), other than using the entrance road to Wolwedans, will be prohibited. This also includes traveling from Wolwedans base to and from the lodge and/ or the other camps.
- Members will have to respect the 'Rules and Guidelines' as prescribed by the NamibRand Nature Reserve. These are applicable to Wolwedans and will be applicable to members of the Club too.
- Any form of trading with the aim of generating profits (i.e. you bought at 50% discount and sell on at published rates less 25% (hence pocketing 25%), will be regarded as counterproductive to the Club's aims and purpose and will clearly be discouraged.
- For the above reason, Club membership will be renewed only once every 12 months. If, for whatever reason, NamibRand Safaris were to feel uncomfortable or have a suspicion of unethical practices, (i.e. trading), we reserve the right to decline renewal of membership.
- The Club will be regarded as an exclusive and private one. NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd will therefore reserve the right to decline any application for membership.
- NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to discontinue with the scheme for whatever reason. If this was the case, existing memberships (with credit) would be honored until such time as the credit has been depleted.
- In the event that members do not utilize their credit to the full extent within the period of five years, any remaining credits will be redeemed by NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd.
- If a member were found to be transgressing the rules of the Club, or the 'Rules and Guidelines' of the NamibRand Nature Reserve or do anything in conflict with Namibian laws, NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd will reserve the right to expel such a member from the Club and pay back to such member the balance remaining on his or her account.
- Should NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd. breach the terms of the Agreement, and the member, as a result, choose to terminate it, then NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd would be obliged to pay out the member's remaining credit with NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd.
- Members will at no time be allowed to cancel their membership and claim back the balance remaining in their account, unless NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd were found to be in transgression of the agreement.
- Membership will be non-transferable to another person or corporate body. In the event of a member passing away, it is suggested that the remaining balance be transferred into the account of the Wolwedans Foundation.
- Should NamibRand Safaris (Pty) Ltd be declared insolvent, this agreement will be terminated, subject to legal proceedings regarding outstanding debts.
We invite you to see Wolwedans for what it really is: a place to arrive, to be, to learn and unwind... read more