Wolwedans – as part of our sustainability strategy – prides itself on its productive organic vegetable garden, which reduce our Carbon footprint considerably. We serve our clients and staff the freshest herbs and salad greens direct form our Desert Garden. We are looking to expand our crop variety in the years to come and hence need an experienced gardener with “green fingers”.
We would also be interested and open-minded in offering students (both Namibian and/or from abroad) an opportunity for in-house training or practical job attachment for six months or longer. Such students should be in their final years of training with a university, technical college or the like. And, it's got to be organic; composting, earth worms, companion planting and the works …).
- Practical experience in vegetable and crop production (ideally organic)
- Basic plumbing knowledge (irrigation systems)
- Single and in good health
- Sober habits with an efficient, orderly disposition
- English literate (read and write)
- Willing to study (Internet and books) and self-teaching
- PC literate and pro-active
- Good communication (to explain what you do to our guests)
All Wolwedans-based staff work six continuous weeks before taking interval leave.
Closing date is open ended
Only qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria should apply, by emailing their CV (with references and a recent head/shoulders photograph before 10th June 2013 to: email@example.com
Applicants may also hand-deliver their CV’s to our Head Office at 36 Bismarck Street, Windhoek.
We invite you to see Wolwedans for what it really is: a place to arrive, to be, to learn and unwind... read more