Hospitality School Facilitator & Administrator
As part of our Wolwedans corporate social responsibility, the Desert Academy & NICE (Namibian Institute of Culinary Education) were created in 2007 in co-operation with the Namibian Tourist Board (NTB) and the National Training Authority (NTA), the aim being to raise the skills level of the local tourism workforce and thus the quality of the national hospitality product.
We are looking to appoint a school facilitator & administrator, based at Wolwedans, who will manage the theory and practical facilitation of the curriculum, as well as the life skills training and administration of the education facility. A hospitality qualification is essential, as is previous theory and practical facilitation of the NTA hospitality curriculum, Levels 1 & 2.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
· Facilitation of the NTA hospitality curriculum, Levels 1 & 2 (theory & practical)
· Admin preparation and invigilation of tests
· Booking of assessments
· Attending to trainees queries, and providing sound guidance
· Liaison with the Senior Facilitator in Windhoek & the NTA
· Record keeping for all stakeholders
· Adding value wherever possible
· A hospitality qualification (working experience will be advantageous)
· Theory & practical facilitation experience of the NTA hospitality curriculum or a similar curriculum
· PC literacy (word, excel, powerpoint)
· Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
· Good health, team player, pleasant personality
· Willingness to work long hours in a Lodge-based environment
· Namibian citizen
This challenging position demands living at the Wolwedans staff village, working six continuous week before taking interval leave. A probation period applies to all new recruits.
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria may apply, by emailing their CV, with a letter of motivation, contactable references and a recent head/shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is 31 January 2015.