Wolwedans seeks to develop a highly professional guiding team and constantly refine its service delivery in the guiding department. Wolwedans guides must be equipped with intimate knowledge of the diverse landscape and ecosystem in order to provide guests with exciting nature experiences, interpretative wildlife encounters and magical moments; resulting in a deepened appreciation for the natural world we live in.
In preparation for the 2015 tourist season, Wolwedans is looking for a number of field guides (both novices and experienced) to complement our current guiding team. All new guides will have to attend the NTA/NATH accredited Desert Field Guiding Course at Wolwedans from 12 to 22 February 2015. This course covers 4 Unit standards, to name; Desert Guiding, 4x 4 Vehicle Driving and Maintenance, Astronomy of Namibian Night Sky and First Aid) in one 11-day session run at the Wolwedans.
For more information on the course fees and entry requirements, click here
Click here for a detailed description of the course syllabus.
- • Valid Public Drivers License (PDP) is essential
- • Pleasant, outgoing and charming personality
- • Good communication skills, integrity and good team player
- • Lodge-based field guiding experience is an advantage
- • Fluent in English (a foreign language will be beneficial)
- • Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability
- • Willingness to pursue further learning and self-advancement
- • A neat appearance & sober habits is a prerequisite
- • Contactable references
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus the individual needs to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. References must be supplied and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV (with a cover letter, references and a recent photograph) to: firstname.lastname@example.org