Wolwedans seeks to develop a highly professional guiding team and constantly refine its service delivery in the guiding department. Wolwedans guides must be equipped with intimate knowledge of the diverse landscapes and ecosystems in order to provide guests with exciting nature experiences, interpretative wildlife encounters and magical moments; resulting in a deepened appreciation for the natural world we live in.
In preparation for the 2015 tourist season, Wolwedans is looking for a number of experienced field guides to complement our current guiding team.
• Valid Public Drivers License (PDP) is essential
• Pleasant, outgoing and charming personality
• Good communication skills, integrity and good team player
• Lodge-based field guiding experience is an advantage
• Fluent in English (a foreign language will be beneficial)
• Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability
• Willingness to pursue further learning and self-advancement
• A neat appearance & sober habits is a prerequisite
• Contactable references
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus the individual needs to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. References must be supplied and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.