“Carpenter, Cabinetmaker or Joiner” – there are many different titles for skilled craftsmen doing a similar thing – that is to work and build with wood.
All camps at Wolwedans are constructed with wood. Starting with vertical pole structures and frames, wooden decks (indoor and outdoor), roofs, finishes like doors, stairs and benches as well as cabinets. The same applies to furniture. All these items first need to be built, and thereafter maintained. Different areas require different skills and in our case, we are looking for gifted artisans who can “do it all”. Ideally (but not necessarily), you hail from a furniture manufacturing background as the finish of our structures require far more attention to detail than conventional carpentry. If you are a skilled carpenter and want to learn and advance yourself, you are also welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will work in a small team (building and maintenance), and report to the Carpentry supervisor and/or the Maintenance Manager.
- Qualified Carpenter/Cabinetmaker and/or Joiner, with at least 3 years (proven) experience in woodwork
- Thorough understanding how to handle materials (mainly different wood)
- Proper understanding of how to use and take care of hand- and power tools
- Commitment to professionalism and tidiness in the workplace
- Single, fit and in good health
- Sober habits with an efficient, orderly disposition (essential)
- Pro-active character and willingness to learn and advance yourself
- Good communication skills (speak, read & write English is a prerequisite)
- Valid drivers license would be an advantage
- Namibian citizen
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus the individual needs to enjoy nature and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. References must be supplied and a probation period is applicable. We offer the opportunity to build creative new signature structures (which is very fulfilling), a competitive package, as well as a diverse and dynamic working environment.
Qualified persons who meet the relevant criteria may apply, by emailing their CV (with a covering letter, references and a recent passport-sized photograph) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We invite you to see Wolwedans for what it really is: a place to arrive, to be, to learn and unwind... read more