Junior / Trainee Field Guides
Vacancies exist for junior or trainee field guides to complement our current experienced team. Wolwedans seeks to develop a highly professional guiding team and constantly refine it’s service delivery in the guiding department.
Through on the job learning, Wolwedans guides will gain intimate knowledge of our diverse landscape and ecosystem in order to provide guests with the most exciting nature experiences, interpretative wildlife encounters and magical moments, resulting in an in-depth appreciation of the natural world we live in.
In preparation for the tourist season, we are looking for a number of field guides (both novices and experienced) to complement our current guiding team. Female, Natural Resources graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, if they meet the requirements below:
• Valid driving license is essential
• Valid PDP/PA (professional authorization) is necessary
• Good English communication skills
• A pleasant, charming and outgoing personality
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Passionate about nature, wildlife and sustainability
• Willingness to learn and advance yourself
• A neat appearance & sober habits is a prerequisite
• Integrity & enjoy working as part of a team
• Current, contactable references
• Namibian citizenship or domicile/permanent residence permit
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus the individual needs to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
References must be supplied and a probation period is applicable.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV (with a covering letter, references and a recent photograph) to: email@example.com