Training Restaurant Manager & Practical Facilitator
The Namibian Institute of Culinary Education (NICE) is excited to announce that we are seeking the services of a qualified Restaurant Manager for our training restaurant located in Windhoek. 21 NICE, a section 21 organisation that has been involved in vocational training since 2010, qualifying over 250 young Namibians in Food & beverage Services and Commercial Cookery. The training facility is under the umbrella of the Wolwedans Foundation. In addition to a training restaurant, it is also a venue for conferences, weddings and small functions. The candidate will also be required to manage the day to day operations of the restaurant, as well as provide practical facilitation to the trainees.
Over the years the Wolwedans Foundation has trained and qualified over 250 young Namibians into the hospitality industry both locally and internationally. Ours is a unique approach to training that involves both theory and practical components delivered through classroom lectures as well as daily preparing, cooking and serving of meals to the public in a supervised training restaurant environment. This is called the Living Classroom approach and it is unique to the Wolwedans Foundation.
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Maintain up to date stock management and ordering
- Deliver superior service and maximise customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new suppliers
- Organise and supervise shifts and training rosters
- Facilitate, appraise and submit regular reports on trainees performance and provide feedback to improve productivity and enhance learning
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Supervise the on-site organic garden
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations of Namibia
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational spending and identify measures to cut costs, reduce wastage and improve efficiency
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the 21 NICE brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events, hosting of conferences, weddings and similar functions
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media posts)
- Train new and current facilitators on proper customer service practices
- Implement the Wolwedans Foundations policies and protocols to maintain future restaurant operations
Experience / Knowledge and Skills
- Proven work experience (3-5 years) as a restaurant manager, restaurant general manager, hospitality manager or a similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software (i.e InnKeeper)
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- A Level 4 qualification or similar in the general field of management or hospitality.
Apply For This Position
The training restaurant operates from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). The venue will occasionally host functions and events which require shift work and weekend duty.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2018. Please submit your CV, with a copy of qualifications and contactable references to email@example.com