The Wolwedans collection is situated in the South of Namibia in the heart of the Namib Rand Nature Reserve, some 400 km South-West of Windhoek.
Due to the remoteness of the area, Wolwedans seeks to appoint a full-time mechanic to maintain and service its extensive fleet of both diesel and petrol vehicles. The fleet of some 25 vehicles consists of Land Rover 3.0 TDI’s, Land Rover Puma 2.1’s, Land Cruiser 4.2’s (Diesel) as well as several 1.3 l petrol Suzuki’s.
The job would entail the maintaining and servicing of the fleet as well as several generators (both petrol and diesel), record keeping of parts, two weekly checks of all vehicles, getting vehicles ready for their yearly road worthy certification and managing the workshop.
Wolwedans is strongly invested in vocational training, mainly in the field of hospitality. We seek to expand our efforts in offering artisan training in the future. Hence practical training and facilitation in basic mechanics (in essence passing on knowledge and experience), will form part of this position.
- Fluent in English
- Preferably be older than 30
- Integrity and a good team player who will lead by example
- Formal qualification as a mechanic will be a huge advantage
- Experience on working on both diesel and petrol engines (experience on diesel engines is a must).
- Experience on Land Rover and Land Cruiser vehicles will be an advantage (not a must)
- Experience in auto-electrics will be an added advantage
- Experience in record keeping of parts, service intervals and road worthy intervals
- Professional work ethic and good skills of handling different sets of tools, the control and record keeping thereof as well as keeping all tools and the workshop clean and tidy
- A passion to pass on knowledge to junior mechanics in training. A Level III (or N4) qualification will hence be an added advantage
- Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability (as this is what drives Wolwedans and you will have to embrace that too). In addition you have to live the Wolwedans way (values)
- A neat appearance, sober habits and immaculate track record.
- Pleasant, charming and outgoing personality with good communication and people skills.
- Contactable references is a must.
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy living out in nature and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Wolwedans offers a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment.
Interested applicants, who meet the above criteria, may email their CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
This position is immediately available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview. A three month probation period is also applicable.