Junior Office Administrator incl. Reservations Support
Wolwedans has an exciting opportunity for a junior office administrator in our Wolwedans based office. As an office administrator, there will also be a good deal of reservations support that will also be required. The position requires a talented, service orientated person with a passion for eco-friendly travel and tourism.
The Wolwedans Collection of camps and lodges is a unique product based in the NamibRand Nature Reserve south of Sossusvlei. The position requires someone who possesses a basic knowledge about tourism destinations and a good knowledge of travel products/packages in Namibia. The applicant must also have a good geographical understanding of our country, as well as the basic day-to-day travel logistics required by travellers and tourists. The applicant must have excellent administration skills, be detail-oriented and good at communicating in order to provide efficient customer service.
- Handle high volume enquiries & reception telephone calls / e-mails
- Very good product knowledge and basic travel logistics understanding
- Excellent client service skills
- To work under supervision, using discretion and good judgment
- To maintain a work volume and quality consistent with international standards
- To work in a team environment, supporting management and colleagues, as well as following company policies
- Provide feedback and assist with special projects and office administration when necessary.
Customer Service Requirements
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily office administration
- Reconciliation of sales and accurate billing of clients & suppliers
- Demonstrate professional customer service skills as you answer the reception telephone and attend to any e-mails as well as professional written correspondence.
- Possess a general knowledge of industry norms, processes and regulations – training will be provided
- Assist with admin related work and Product/Package building as needed.
- Be passionate about up-selling and offering alternatives and solutions.
- Maintain excellent client and agent relationships.
- Have some knowledge of a travel related booking program (Innkeeper would be advantageous, however training will be provided)
- Excellent English (written and spoken), Excellent phone etiquette
- Additional languages (spoken) is advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of the Innkeeper reservations system is highly advantageous
- The candidate must possess the ability to attend to basic and intermediate cost calculations and placement of orders with suppliers
- Regular Stock-Taking
This positionis based at Wolwedans.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as The Wolwedans Compass of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity.
Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants, who meet the above criteria, may email their CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
You may also hand deliver your CV to our Head Office, No. 36 Bismarck Street, Windhoek.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. This position is available as of end May 2018. An earlier starting date is possible.