Wolwedans is situated close to Sossusvlei in the heart of the Namib Rand Nature Reserve, some 400 km South-West of Windhoek. We seek to appoint a Human Resource Administrator/Coordinator who will deal with all staff related issues on Wolwedans itself, and supported by a competent HR Administration team at our head office (handling payroll, contracts, interviews etc.).
This position would entail staff leave planning, managing all staff transport, staff attendance registers, staff wages and deductions, dealing with disciplinary issues and the upkeep of all staff files at Wolwedans. The more exciting part (and requiring a good 50% of your time) will be to facilitate regular motivational sessions, training staff on the Wolwedans Way ( Vision, Mission, Compass and Core Values), coordinating performance appraisals, planning team events and extra-mural activities, facilitating career planning, adult education, recognition of prior learning (with NTA) etc.
The HR administrator may also – from time to time - be needed to assist in the admin office in regards to answering phone calls, deal with guest’s requests and assist with the check in or check out of guests.
Experience/knowledge and skills
- Fluent in English (and preferably Afrikaans)
- Preferably be older than 35 years (but not younger than 30)
- Excellent people skills and social competence (diplomatic, rational, fair, respectful etc.)
- Have at least 8 years hands-on HR and/or industrial relations experience
- Integrity and a good team player who (as a member of the management team) will lead by example and 'walk the talk'.
- Formal qualification in Human Resource Management and/or Industrial Psychology will not be a pre-requisite albeit advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of the Namibian Labour Law
- Computer literate with experience in especially Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability (and experience) to conduct/facilitate disciplinary hearings.
- Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability, as this is what drives Wolwedans and you will have to embrace that too.
- A neat appearance, sober habits and immaculate track record.
- Pleasant, charming and outgoing personality with good communication skills.
- Contactable references is a must.
This position requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy living out in nature and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Wolwedans offers a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful work environment.
Interested applicants, who meet the above criteria, may email their CV, together with a covering letter and a recent head and shoulders photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is immediately available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be requested to attend an interview. A three month probation period is also applicable.