Hospitality Manager (Service & Quality Assurance)
We are looking to appoint an experienced hotelier to attend to a variety of duties related to the hospitality, service and quality standards of the Wolwedans Collection (currently comprising 3 camps and 2 Villas).
The candidate – who will work in tandem with our Operations and F&B Managers - will be responsible for the quality control of our camps and lodges, overall service delivery (including F&B service, housekeeping & laundry), and therefore be actively involved in the daily hospitality management activities of Wolwedans. Other duties include managing and improving stock control on sites, guest relations and overseeing the quality application of the Wolwedans Foundation Desert Academy practical training on site.
This position requires taking up residence at Wolwedans, and the candidate thus needs to be a nature lover and also be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
Key Performance Areas
(as part of the Wolwedans senior management team)
• Overall product quality control at all camps/lodges (service, F&B, housekeeping, laundry and guest relations)
• Quality control (looks/functionality/maintenance) of all guest facilities
• Training (and motivation) of existing staff who lack formal training
Desert Academy (in sync with an on-site theory and practical facilitator)
• Monitor the facilitation of practical training
• Quality control of students’ practical applications
• Assist the facilitator with setting up tests and marking theme related essays/assignments
• Add value to the curriculum through independent research & training
• Shift and off-time scheduling of all Wolwedans service personnel
• Relief operations and F&B management (if other managers are on leave)
Experience / Knowledge and Skills
- Practical experience (five years) in Hotel and Hospitality Management, including food and beverage (international experience and exposure will be a distinct advantage)
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in vocational training will be advantageous
- Outgoing personality, easily motivated, a self-starter and pro-active
- Aged 30+ with a sound personal value system, which will enable you to lead by example and ‘walk the talk’
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Excellent English communication skills – both spoken & written
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as organizational skills
- Preferably be single and flexible
- Ideally you should be a Namibian citizen or hold a permanent residence or domicile permit
- An official qualification in Hotel and Hospitality Management (an internationally accredited qualification will be an advantage)
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job, as well as a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment. Qualified persons, who meet the above criteria, should apply before 30th November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please email your full CV (with contactable references and a recent head/shoulders photograph) to firstname.lastname@example.org