Wolwedans seeks to develop a highly professional guiding team and constantly refine its service delivery in the guiding department. Wolwedans guides must be equipped with intimate knowledge of the diverse landscape and ecosystem in order to provide guests with the most exciting nature experiences, interpretative wildlife encounters and magical moments, resulting in a expanded appreciation for the natural world we live in.
We are looking for a number of field guides to complement our current guiding team. Female, Natural Resources graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, if they meet the requirements below:
Experience/knowledge and skills
- A valid driving license and 4x4 driving experience is essential (plus PDP)
- Pleasant, charming and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills, integrity and a good team player
- Lodge-based field guiding exposure is essential
- Fluent in English (a foreign language will be beneficial)
- Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability
- Willingness to pursue further learning and self-advancement
- A neat appearance & sober habits is a pre-requisite
- Contactable references
These positions require setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV, together with a covering letter, and a recent head & shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Two positions are available immediately.