With plans to shift the activity offering of Wolwedans guests from “passive consumption” (a norm in the safari tourism industry) to “active participation”, we are expanding our range of activities to include more physically and mentally stimulating experiences.
Apart from scenic drives, scenic flights and hot-air ballooning (passive), we are introducing walking safaris, horseback rides, e-FatBike tours, Bushman walks, mental stimulation choices (like yoga, meditation & screenings) including educational lectures on eye-opening topics.
As of 2018, Wolwedans will have a bouquet of activities to choose from. All these activities need to be carefully choreographed, planned and managed. Needless to say a team of up to 20 Wolwedans guides and contributors offering these activities need to be coached, trained coordinated and motivated.
We are hence looking to appoint an Experience Coordinator, who can effectively manage the process.
The position is the interface between guides/pilots/trackers/teachers/message therapists, management and other departments (i.e. kitchen for field catering services). This is a line management position, with related people skills, responsibilities and accountabilities.
Key Performance Areas
- Organization, coordination and planning of activities and various team members on a day-to-day basis
- Proposing and acquiring small scale activities (games, crafts, exclusive experiences (culinary, art, craft-making etc.) children’s activities)
- Training of team members where necessary (specialized subject knowledge)
- Compilation of SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Fleet and vehicle tracking management
- Conflict resolution and disciplinary processes management
- Coordination of special events (which include all departments)
- In addition to regular activity coordination, this individual will also assist with Wolwedans Desert Academy - our hospitality training school - by providing input and presentations to trainees on activity related topics.
Experience/knowledge and skills
- 35+ years of age with a mature disposition, and sober habits
- Possess excellent people, leadership & motivational skills
- Open-minded, with a pleasant, outgoing personality, that exudes positivity
- Passionate about nature and its creatures
- Fluent in English - spoken and written (additional languages an advantage)
- An advanced NATH (Namibian Academy for Tourism & Hospitality) Badge is an advantage
- 5 years hands-on experience in a related field of which 3 years should be in a management or supervisory position
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively make last minute changes to activity schedules in order to ensure the smooth running of all our activities on site and at base
- Fleet management experience will be an advantage
- Good health, with an energetic disposition
- Fully computer literate
- Valid Drivers License with a Public Drivers Permit (PDP) is essential
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Contactable references
- Namibian citizen or holder of a domicile or permanent residence permit
An advanced NATH (Namibian Academy for Tourism & Hospitality) Badge is an advantage
This positions requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans (in the heart of NamibRand Nature Reserve), thus applicants need to enjoy living out in nature. Also, you need to be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time.
The successful applicant will need to commit to “The Wolwedans Way”, our mission, vision and values statement, as well as The Wolwedans Compass of fairness, honesty, positivity and creativity.
Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV, together with a covering letter, and a recent head & shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
You may also hand deliver your CV to our Head Office, No. 2 Mozart Street, Windhoek.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. This position remains available until a suitable candidate is found.