Wolwedans seeks to expand its current guest facilities (both extensions and renovations of existing infrastructure, as well as new projects) and seeks to develop a highly professional and skilled carpentry division. Precision work is vital and Wolwedans carpenters must be equipped with intimate knowledge of the woodwork trade.
- Experience in carpentry and woodwork (can also be in the field of cabinet making) is a definite requirement
- An accredited qualification is an added benefit but not a must
- Professional work ethic
- Good skills in handling a variety of power tools responsibly
- Reading plans and making calculations/measuring is a bonus
- Any additional artisan skills will be an advantage (i.e. brick-laying/plastering, plumbing, basic electrics etc.)
- Good communication skills, integrity and a good team player
- Fluency in English is an absolute must (speak, read, write)
- Pleasant, charming and outgoing personality
- Passion for nature, wildlife and sustainability
- Willingness to pursue further learning and self-advancement (in fields beyond carpentry, i.e. welding, painting, bricklaying etc.)
- A neat appearance and sober habits (clean track record, esp. with regards to alcohol and drug abuse/challnges)
- Contactable references
This positions requires setting up temporary residence at Wolwedans, thus applicants need to enjoy the desert flora and fauna of the NamibRand Nature Reserve, and be prepared to work on-site for six continuous weeks at a time. Contactable references must be supplied, and a probation period is applicable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CV’s will not be returned.
We offer a competitive package, a diverse job and a challenging, dynamic and meaningful working environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria may email their CV, together with a covering letter, and a recent head & shoulders photograph to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Two positions are available immediately.