Reporting to the Chairman and Board of Trustees
The Wolwedans Foundation is seeking to employ an executive manager. A leader is needed to implement the Foundation’s mission and objectives and make sure that its operational and legal requirements are met. You are tasked to uplift and develop this young institution to ambitious heights, sustainable success and an impeccable national and international reputation.
The Wolwedans Foundation was established by the Wolwedans Group as a platform to drive the company’s corporate social responsibility agenda. Wolwedans is a purpose driven organisation which aims to a achieve a healty balance of people, planet and profit in all its doings.
We have the development of Namibia and the well-being of its people and nature at heart. Our aim is for Namibians as a whole to practice more sustainable lifestyles and enjoy improved livelihoods. To achieve this, Wolwedans has made vocational training an integral part of the business.
NICE (the Namibian Institute of Culinary Education), as well as the Wolwedans Desert Academy – which both fall under the ‘umbrella’ of the Wolwedans Foundation - are NQA/NTA accredited training providers. The success of the programme is “The Living Classroom” approach, where theory goes hand in hand with practical training. Trainee numbers (and hence output) are set to triple during the next three years, and the Foundation Manager will be instrumental to facilitate this ambitious strategic objective.
The role offers a diverse range of responsibilities and the opportunity to positively impact the lives of fellow Namibians in the spirit of Harambee. The successful applicant will be given the autonomy to think creatively about best practice and service delivery. You will work with a team of trainers who are passionate about what they do, willing to walk the extra mile, and take accountability for achieving exceptional outcomes. In addition, the candidate will engage in and administer, all sustainability related aspects of Wolwedans, with special emphasis on Community, Conservation and Culture.
- At least ten years previous management experience (with last 3 years at a senior level)
- Able to manage and oversee multiple tasks/projects
- Extensive experience in project management
- Management in a not-for-gain environment will be an advantage
- A commercial/business tertiary qualification is a must
- Above-average administrative skills
- Good understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- Excellent English language competencies and outgoing personality
- Solid stakeholder management skills, using a consultative approach
- High level of competence in using Microsoft Office
- Namibian citizenship (or permanent resident / domicile permit)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and implementing the operational objectives of the Foundation
- Support the development of the Wolwedans Foundation as a non-profit organization
- Ensure all legal requirements are met
- Annual strategic planning, which includes operations and budgeting
- Execution of strategic plans and operations management
- Oversee the day to day planning and co-ordination of the Foundation’s projects and provide operational support and guidance to the team
- Leadership and development of human capital, including capability planning, performance reviews and training
- Provide reports and documentation timeously as per donor Service Level Agreements
- Build and maintain relationships with key funders, both within Namibia and internationally
- Enhance relationships with the NamibRand Safaris commercial entities, ensuring closer working relationships – this will involve travel to the project sites
- Continuously raise the profile and improve the impact of the Foundation through implementing a Foundation brand, PR, media and communications strategy – social media, hosting visits to the ‘Living Classroom’, events, press opportunities etc.
- Develop a strong evidence base to demonstrate the impact of the Foundation’s projects on individuals, families and communities
- Attend conferences and networking events, when relevant
- Align the entire Wolwedans team to the concept of “The Wolwedans Way” and associated life skills
- Prepare quarterly reports for the trustees
- Prepare annual sustainability audits (Wolwedans is a Longrun Destination, and Global Ecosphere Retreat certified.
If you are a professional, who feels the time has come to put shoulder to the wheel and help build a better tomorrow, this position provides an exciting opportunity. We are looking forward to hear from you. Please send a covering letter stating salary expectations, an updated CV with a head/shoulders image and contactable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org