The setting could have fallen out of the pages of a fairytale: your toes caressed by the warm dune sand, the golden desert chapel glistening in the late afternoon sun…
Imagine yourself standing on top of a dune next to your loved one. Your eyes are set on endless plains covered in a shimmer of silver grass. Blue mountains in the distance suggest a mystical feel. For this special moment this kingdom is yours. At Wolwedans you can realize what many couples dream of: A small and intimate wedding, set in one of the most visually spectacular places on earth. To speak the words ‘I do’ out into the colours of the wild, to truly experience a magical union with both your loved one and nature itself, is a unique and utterly romantic idea.
You can celebrate your special moment along with your family and friends. At Wolwedans we can accommodate wedding parties from two to forty in numbers. Guests can be booked into the sophisticated Dunes Lodge or the slightly more rustic but equally charming Dune Camp.
As the bride and groom however, we suggest that you spend your wedding night at the idyllic and remote Private Camp, romantically set in an enchanting valley and probably one of the most private places you will ever discover.
Alternatively, your special night could be in the elegant and stylish Mountain View Suite, a private chalet adjoining the Wolwedans Dunes Lodge with magnificent views over the Chateaux Plains.
Recently opened, Boulders Camp is the latest addition to the Wolwedans portfolio of camps and lends itself to intimate wedding parties of up to eight people.
The NamibRand Nature Reserve in the Namib Desert is one of the most unique venues in the world for a wedding, and certainly the most remote. After almost a decade of facilitating such dreams for a privileged number of fortunate couples from all over the world, we would be delighted if the next wedding at Wolwedans was yours.
We have a number of qualified marriage officers that we can call upon who will marry you according to your wishes. This could be by means of a spiritual ceremony, a religious service or by civil ceremony. The ceremony could be in the early morning (recommended during summer) or in the late afternoon. We can arrange everything from air charters to the bridal bouquet and a lovely four-course wedding dinner or champagne breakfast in the dunes.
How to prepare for your wedding at Wolwedans
For the actual wedding ceremony, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Valid divorce or death certificate for people who are divorced or widows (must be translated into English and certified)
- Two witnesses (Wolwedans employees are always willing!)
- If a marriage contract exists, you will need a letter from a lawyer certifying the number, the names and the existence of the contract in English
- Screening Document from immigration officer upon arrival in Namibia.
The required documents are for the screening process are:
Identity Card or Valid Passport (valid permit).
- Letter from country of origin confirming non-Namibian is not married or divorce order from the court if divorce has recently been finalised.
- Legal status or permit of non-Namibian must be valid for at least 30 days in Namibia.
- Police clearance from country of origin required for non-Namibian getting married to a Namibian citizen. It is, however, advisable for all foreigners getting married in Namibia to have a police clearance from their country of origin, even if you are marrying a Namibian or not.
In the South screenings can be done either in Mariental or Keetmanshoop with prior arrangement at any day & time with Mr Andima.
In Windhoek screenings are done at Ministry of Home Affairs on 2nd Floor. These screenings can be only be done on a Wednesdays or Fridays from 09:00 – 11:00.
“Wolwedans is an amazing wedding venue. The breathtaking location and beautiful camp was complemented by a friendly, welcoming and caring team, not to mention the charming priest. It was the perfect start for our life together.”
Paul & Helen Jackman